Promote and Celebrate Black Achievement in Sport
The Black Ice Society is currently recruiting new members to join our esteemed Board of Directors.
Your role as a member of the board would involve: attending monthly board meetings, attending the AGM, helping with communications and event planning around our annual CHL game, and other volunteer duties as required. Ideally, we are looking for someone with a passion for the sport of hockey and an interest in seeing more diversity in the sport in Nova Scotia, across Canada and the world.
Becoming a member of the Black Ice Society board means having a vital role in our ongoing mission to:
- Build and support diversity and inclusion in all sports
- Research, acknowledge, and raise awareness of the achievements of Black athletes
- Promote and preserve the lost history of the Colored Hockey League of the Maritimes
- Induct Black athletes, researchers, and writers of Black sports history into our Hall of Fame
- Lay the foundation for a permanent Black Ice Hockey and Sports Hall of Fame in Nova Scotia
If you’d like to learn more about how to become a member of the Board of Directors with the Black Ice Society, please reach out to Calvin Barton at: [email protected].